Looking for help to establish a pollinator garden? Want to incorporate native plants into your landscaping? TTLT can help! Join this awesome community group for a beginner level workshop on planning your native plant garden and get some tips for pollinator-friendly plants, low-maintenance landscaping, and beautiful blooms!
This workshop will also include information on native seed collecting, processing, and stratifying. A selection of native seeds will be available for you to help clean, stratify, and make seed packets.
Goals for the Native Plant Gardening Workshop include:
1. Get ideas on plants that will work in your garden – whether you have sun or shade, clay or sandy soils, wet or dry areas, and different size and space requirements
2. Learn about plants that are great for bumblebees, hummingbirds, butterflies, or other species you want to attract
3. Learn about bloom times and plan a mix of early, mid, and late flowering plants with different flower colours
4. Get tips on where to source native plants or seeds
5. Learn how to collect seeds of native plants
6. Participate in seed cleaning, processing, and stratifying
Bonus! Take home some native seeds for your garden
This Native Plant Gardening Workshop will fill up quickly. RSVP below to secure your spot!
WHEN March 25, 2020 at 7pm – 9pm
WHERE London Civic Gardens, 625 Springbank Dr, London, ON N6K 4T1 Google map and directions
Photo credit: Dave Wake