Here are some of the best we’ve seen so far.
Urban Gardeners profiled – this series by local videographer Phil McLeod covers four local urban ‘farmers’. Short and sweet and worth a peek:
- Niki Jabbour’s new video series, Get Growing. Niki is the author of Veggie Garden Remix, The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener, and Groundbreaking Food Gardens
- Stephen Biggs’ latest kids videos From Dirt to Dishes: Kids Grow and Cook. Stephen is a farm, food, and garden writer who focuses on how food is grown, harvested, and processed—and how it makes its way to our plates. To sign up for his newsletter or access many more gardening videos, click here to go to his website.
- Garden Answer – 3 Methods of Composting
- Native Plant Podcasts – Water, Water Everywhere downloadable podcast
- One man inspires an entire neighbourhood to grow their own food. Ron Finley – Guerilla Gardener
- The Forest Gardener – Dan Harris-Pascal – urban food production
- Life Lessons Cultivated in a Garden – Tracey Ore – community-based solutions
- The Garden in my Apartment – Britta Riley – growing at least some of our own food
- Urban Farming Revolution – Jesse DuBois
- Everything you Know about Composting is Wrong- Mike McGrath
- How we can Eat our Landscapes – Pam Warhurst
‘How to’ gardening videos featuring Yolanda Vanveen. Learn how to care for many plants from Anthurium, Bamboo, Chives, Hydrangeas, Rhubarb to Zantedeschia. TopTwentyFiveGardeningVideos
500 Garden Videos courtesy of Wisconsin Gardening blog
Debunking 4 popular gardening tips from Good Gardening Videos, a site run by garden writers and scientists who know which advice is evidence-based and which isn’t. This video tackles four myths, but there’s way more where that came from.
24 Best Vegetable Harvesting Videos – accurate advice, decent audio and video quality, and not a lot of chit-chat.
Making Compost Tea – easy way to make ‘tea’ from compost and water – a source of nutrients for your plants
Pruning climbing roses can sometimes be intimidating. It’s not. Nor is controlling it all season long to keep it tidy. This 8 minute video shows you some simple techniques to get the most out of your climbing roses while keeping them under control. Pruning and Controlling Climbing Roses
Ruth Stout – Enjoy a lengthy, rather low resolution but still very enjoyable video of Ruth sharing her views about low maintenance gardening as well as growing and harvesting vegetables year-round.
Organic Gardening Resource Center – focused on healthy & safe food supply, clean & sustainable environment and an enjoyable & rewarding experience
Urban Forestry videos – great videos about trees; for example “Selecting Tough Trees for Tough Sites”
How to Build a Rain garden – water is flowing through our landscapes faster than ever – paved surfaces prevent it from seeping. The results are flooding, erosion and pollution. Here’s an easy to follow set of videos hosted by Mark Cullen in collaboration with Landscape Ontario and Parkland Landscapes.