Check out the long list of Doors Open sites in London!
Wow so many places to see in our great city that usually aren’t accessible. Doors Open London will be very fun and educational!
History comes alive in London
Get an inside look at London’s many museums, heritage sites, and community organizations and see history come ALIVE in London on September 15 & 16 for the 17th annual Doors Open London! Enjoy re-enactments, live theatre, pop-up interactive plays, or other interactive performances as participating sites highlight their history in new and exciting ways, bringing London’s heritage to life!
Participating sites and organizations will have programming in place for the weekend that will animate their spaces and tell unique London stories through performances, allowing you to experience London’s rich heritage for yourself. Organized by the London Heritage Council, this two-day event offers access to 40+ heritage and cultural sites, free of charge.
Some highlights include historical re-enactments of London’s early settlers at the Brick Street Cemetery, an nineteenth-century themed escape room, and a dramatic re-enactment of London’s “last drop” at the Middlesex County Administration Building! PLUS, the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario will lead an exciting, new tour unveiling the hidden history of London’s downtown parking lots.
Learn more at https://www.londonheritage.ca/doorsopenlondon/
Doors Open London is made possible by the generous support of our Founding Corporate Sponsor, London Life.
Click on the links below to find details on site hours, location, and activities during Doors Open London 2018:
- 427 Wing and Spirit of Flight Aviation Museum
- ACO London’s “Paved Paradise” Walking Tour (Innovation Works)
- Aeolian Hall
- Attic Books
- Banting House National Historic Site
- Brick Street Cemetery
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame
- City Art Centre
- Don Wright Faculty of Music at Western University
- Eldon House
- Elmwood Lawn Bowling Club
- Elsie Perrin Williams Estate
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities at Western University
- Fanshawe Downtown
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village
- Hamilton Road Tree Trunk Tour
- Hume Cronyn Observatory
- Hutton House
- Jack Richardson Music Hall of Fame
- Jet Aircraft Museum
- John P. Metras Sports Museum
- London Children’s Museum
- London City Hall
- London Civic Gardens and Complex
- London Clay Art Centre
- London Community Woodshop
- London Fire Station #4
- London Life Insurance Company
- London Model Railroad Company
- London Muslim Mosque
- London Police Headquarters
- Middlesex County Administration Building
- Museum London
- Museum of Ontario Archaeology
- Mystery Escape Room
- The Royal Canadian Regiment Museum
- School of Digital and Performing Arts at Fanshawe
- Secrets of Radar Museum
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Western Archives and Research Collections Centre